Monday, June 25, 2012

What Led Me to the Runes

This week is a very special week for me; I am in the process of self-publishing my first novel, The Son of Nine Sisters.  It's been a three-year process that I have enjoyed more thoroughly than I can express.  In fact, I have enjoyed it so much, I am going to do it again... and again... and again... you get the idea.

While publishing this book makes this week special, publishing it is special for another reason.  You see, it was during my research on this novel that I discovered and immersed myself in the Runes.  In the sequel, tentatively titled The Sentry's Incantation, the Runes will play a very important part.

In case you're wondering what The son of Nine Sisters is about, here's a brief synopsis.

Stacy’s life is going nowhere until she starts having dreams of life in Ásgard, the kingdom of the Norse gods.  In Ásgard, she is Heimdall, the son of nine sisters and watchman of the gods.  Heimdall has power; Stacy has none.  Heimdall has purpose; Stacy has none…

Before long, Stacy and Heimdall’s lives begin to weave themselves together and carry her in a direction she never imagined.  The interplay of their worlds – ancient Ásgard and modern New York City – brings together Stacy’s dreams and reality, forcing her to reconsider her own life and purpose.

While the book goes through final proofing this week, I hope you will take the time to read the first couple of chapters, which you can reach by clicking on this image:  (You can also get to the chapters by visiting my website at: http://jerainstitute.com/writing.html)


So, if it hadn't been for this book, I may not have found the Runes and started this blog.  Therefore, this week, I am grateful that my novel for led me to the Runes and their amazing guidance.  Thank you for reading my blog.  See you next week with more insight from the Runes!

No comments:

Post a Comment