Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Non-conformist in the Works

Way back in the mid-1990s, when I was just a lowly undergrad, I was convinced that I did not want to work the typical 9-5 job.  Of course, I ended up there somehow and never seemed quite able to play by the established rules.  Now, I am on the cusp of completing my Master's degree and am facing the same predicament.  This time though, there are some differences that complicate the matter a bit.  I have the experience of the 9-5 lifestyle and thinking about it makes me shudder a bit.  I have a family to think of this time too.  So, how do I deal with the conflict between tradition and what I see as the road to my true happiness, while still helping to support my family?

In the past week, two doors to traditional 9-5 jobs have closed for different reasons, while the potential for the less traditional outlets remain open and intriguing.  What guidance did the Runes offer me in this situation, at this moment?  Perth reversed.

As I begin initiating self-change, the Rune of Initiation reversed confirms that I cannot repeat the old ways and not suffer.  The old way has come to an end.  The time is ripe for me to focus my energy on my life and personal growth.  Of course, there will be obstacles, but I must face them and view them in a positive light and I must address them with patience, something that I lack most of the time.  Still, I must possess them to continue successfully down my new path.

Perth reversed reinforces what I knew already and makes my conviction to succeed in this new non-conforming lifestyle that much greater.

No comments:

Post a Comment